Oct 6, 2009

College and Video Games

I love college. Especially my course. Everything is centered around video games. Right now, in my Scriptwriting class, we're figuring out how Paradise Lost can work as a video game. How is that not globin?

Both my C# and my C++ classes teach me the basic core of a video game: the programming; the part of the game that you don't see. And yet, it is the most important part of the game. This too is very globin.

Best of all is Level Design. Not the theory, though (that stuff is boring), but the actual design. I absolutley love creating new areas and locations in Unreal Editor 3. Right now I'm working on a death match stage based on the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time, and that is especially globin.

Video games-wise, its going a lot better than last year. I demolished Metroid Prime (Trilogy combo for the Wii) in just three days, did everything you can do in Mario & Luigi 3, and Mastered Ocarina of Time (3 heart challenge... Not as easy as it seems). I'm also slowly getting through Kingdom Hearts on the DS now. Pretty globin if you ask me.

Yup. Gamin' is good. Life is good. I got a healthy balance of privacy and a social life. I'm pretty lucky right now, being in this situation. Not nearly as many people are as lucky as me... So I guess I should enjoy it.

Lots of people like to complain about the small things in life, never really looking at the big picture. Me, though, I'm looking at the big picture right now. More people should look at the bigger picture. They might see the best parts about it, like me. Yep, life is globin.

Oh, and if you're not understanding the nature-ish of my globin, then why aren't you playing Mario & Luigi 3 yet!? I promise you right now that you will not be disappointed.